- Rural Health Professions Education
- Rural Medical Education Program (RMED)
- Rural Pharmacy Education Program (RPHARM)
- Public Health Program
- Rural Medicina Academy
- Illinois AHEC Network
South Eastern Illinois Rural Health Workfoce Development Network (SEIgrow)
- Student Opportunities
- International Collaborations
Rural Pharmacy Education Program (RPHARM)What is RPHARM?
The Rural Pharmacy Education Program (RPHARM) is the part of the collaborative Rural Health Professions Program at the University of Illinois - Rockford and seeks to prepare pharmacy students from the state of Illinois who will, after graduation, locate and practice in a rural Illinois community.
The Rural Health Professions (RHP) Program is the health professional education component of the National Center for Rural Health Professions. In collaboration with the University of Illinois Colleges of Pharmacy and Medicine at Rockford, the RHP Program promotes the health of rural communities through partnerships in education, service, research and policy. It is an interdisciplinary curriculum which currently trains pharmacy (RPHARM) and medical (RMED) students for practice in rural communities.
The goals of RPHARM are to:
- Promote careers in rural health professions
- Develop and implement interdisciplinary teaching models to prepare health professionals for rural practice
- Recruit students from rural and underrepresented minority populations
- Impact the rural health workforce through retention of rural health professions graduates
- Enhance community capacity building to address health needs for individuals and communities
- Identify, reduce and eliminate rural health disparities
- Enhance faculty research to promote quality programs and services for rural population
Who is right for RPHARM?
RPHARM students have a critical understanding of rural life and the medically underserved condition of many rural communities. RPHARM students want to practice pharmacy in rural Illinois and want to be leaders in the communities where they work and live.
For more information on the application process, please contact:
Heidi R. Olson, PharmD
Clinical Assistant Professor
University of Illinois College of Pharmacy at Rockford
Email: email@example.com or Phone: 815.395.5911
Click here for the RPHARM brochure.