Rural Health Careers Camp
Are you interested in learning about job opportunities in the healthcare field? Do you need help preparing for the college application process? Are you looking to meet other high school students with similar interests to yours? The Rural Health Careers Camp can help you with all this and more!
The Rural Health Careers Camp is a four-day, overnight educational program for students interested in the healthcare field. Students will participate in hands-on learning activities and labs that represent different healthcare careers and stay in the dorms at Rockford University to experience living on a college campus!
What to expect as a camper
- Participate in over 25 activities related to healthcare professions including, but not limited to: accident simulation, dissection lab, college information session, hospital tour, and CPR certification.
- Learn directly from current healthcare professionals and have the opportunity to ask them about why they love their career
- Meet camp counselors, who are current health professions students
- Live like a college student on the Rockford University campus
- Make new friends from the area with similar interests
The application for the 2020 Rural Health Careers Camp will be made available in December
INTRODUCING THE NCRHP LEADERSHIP INSTITUTE
All former participants of the RHCC are invited to apply for our first-ever Leadership Institute, which is made exclusively for former campers!
What to expect:
The Leadership Institute is a FREE, interactive, day-long workshop focused in effective communication, professional development, and team-based approaches to healthcare. Students will participate in activities that will prepare them to succeed in their academic healthcare programs and lead in a professional setting.
The Fall Leadership Institute will be held Saturday, October 26th from 10am – 3:30pm on the UIC Health Sciences Campus Rockford located at 1601 Parkview Avenue, Rockford, IL 61107 (NOT Rockford University!).
For additional information:
Please see our FAQ page for additional information on this exciting program!
Interested students should contact Vicky Rhine at firstname.lastname@example.org or 815-395-5854 for an application.
The camp is a partnership between the National Center for Rural Health Professions (NCRHP) University of Illinois Rockford, Rockford University, Community Foundation of Northern Illinois, Illinois Area Health Education Center and the Illinois Critical Access Hospital Network (ICAHN).